Not redirecting to PayPal after clicking Place Order

Jonathan

13 Mar, 2013 11:46 PM

Everything works, except for the fact I can’t get redirected to PayPal after placing order. A message box pops up that says ‘Thank you for your order. We are now redirecting you to PayPal to make payment’ (see image) – but it is forever stuck on that page, never redirects.

The URL when I receive this message is: http://bestperformancemotorsports.com/checkout/pay/?key=order_51410…

I have tried submitting order via check method, and it works perfectly – so it’s only an issue when directing to PayPal for credit card.

I am using a theme called Black Label.

1. 2 Posted by Jonathan on 13 Mar, 2013 11:47 PM

I should also add… I am not requiring users to create accounts. I am just setup for guest purchases.

2. Support Staff 3 Posted by chriscct7 on 14 Mar, 2013 02:38 AM

Have you tried disabling all of your plugins? Does it work then? If so,
    activate 1 by 1 till it breaks again.

My guess is it’s Jetpack.

3. 4 Posted by Jonathan on 14 Mar, 2013 03:46 AM

I deactivated all plugins (except for Jigoshop of course) and it still renders the same result and message as shown in the original photo.

Trying to think of anything out of the ordinary within the site that could have something to do with this. Not sure if the following does or not, but it is code that I added to the functions.php within the theme: (under the line that says you can add your theme below here)…

function mytheme_open_jigoshop_content_wrappers()
    { echo ‘

<section id="content" class="span12 background_1">
                        <a id="main_btn" class="background_1" href="#"><i class="icon-chevron-down"></i></a>';

}

function mytheme_close_jigoshop_content_wrappers()
    { echo ‘

‘; }

function mytheme_prepare_jigoshop_wrappers()
    { remove_action( ‘jigoshop_before_main_content’, ‘jigoshop_output_content_wrapper’, 10 );
    remove_action( ‘jigoshop_after_main_content’, ‘jigoshop_output_content_wrapper_end’, 10);

add_action( ‘jigoshop_before_main_content’, ‘mytheme_open_jigoshop_content_wrappers’, 10 );
    add_action( ‘jigoshop_after_main_content’, ‘mytheme_close_jigoshop_content_wrappers’, 10 );
    } add_action( ‘wp_head’, ‘mytheme_prepare_jigoshop_wrappers’ );

remove_action( ‘jigoshop_before_main_content’, ‘jigoshop_breadcrumb’, 20, 0);

/** * Sidebar **/ if (!function_exists(‘jigoshop_get_sidebar’)) {
    function jigoshop_get_sidebar() {
    return false;
    } }

?>

4. 5 Posted by Jonathan on 14 Mar, 2013 09:40 PM

Update – this problem is universal across all browsers – IE, Chrome, FF, Safari.

Also, when I got look into the orders in the wordpress backend, it shows every order that I try to push through with PayPal payment as pending. So it’s picking that part up, it just wont redirect to PayPal for payment.

Thanks in advance for your help on this.

5. Support Staff 6 Posted by chriscct7 on 16 Mar, 2013 12:34 AM

Try switching your theme to 2011 and see if it works now.

6. 7 Posted by Jonathan on 16 Mar, 2013 02:28 AM

Yes, it works if I switch to 2011 theme.

So the problem is with the Black Label theme? If I sign up for premium support, is this something you can help me with? I need to get this resolved by Tuesday or the client wants me to ditch jigoshop and find another plugin. Thanks for your help!

7. Support Staff 8 Posted by chriscct7 on 16 Mar, 2013 02:48 AM

As a volunteer on one hand I do not work in Premium Support, but I wouldn’t have time to fix it. On the other hand, the guys in there are extremely capable.

I’d also point out that this redirect is not specific to Jigoshop. You’ll find it literally in every ecommerce plugin for WordPress.

Let me check with them real quick to make sure this is covered.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help or Preview

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don’t have an account yet, we need to confirm you’re human and not a machine trying to post spam.