Please refer to TemplateMonster Support for any issues surrounding TemplateMonster/TemplateTuning Themes – thanks, Jigoshop Team

Checkout fails in Internet Explorer

Eric Lefebvre

04 Mar, 2013 06:19 PM

I am troubleshooting a website for a friend and am hoping somebody here has successfully overcome this issue. The website uses Jigoshop as a shopping card and uses Authorize.net to securely submit payment. Jigoshop and WordPress are both running the most recent versions. The website is hosted on an Apache server. If a user is on any browser other than Internet Explorer, checkout works flawlessly. If Internet Explorer is used (tested with versions 8, 9, and 10), the checkout process never finishes. The ajax spinner starts and then in the background a message appears stating “sorry, your session has timed out. Return to homepage”.

I’ve enabled the console in Internet Explorer to see if any errors where displayed. Here is what was shown in the console:

HTML1115: X-UA-Compatible META tag (‘IE=Edge’) ignored because document mode is already finalized.
cart
SCRIPT5007: Unable to get value of the property ‘length’: object is null or undefined
jquery.min.js?ver=3.5.1, line 16 character 11980
SCRIPT5007: Unable to get value of the property ‘length’: object is null or undefined
jquery.min.js?ver=3.5.1, line 16 character 11980

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

1. 2 Posted by Eric Lefebvre on 11 Mar, 2013 12:19 AM

update: After reading suggestions to copy the php.ini file to the root directory, I’ve gained access to the web server directory and have tried to upload a php.ini file, but that didn’t affect anything. The site doesn’t have such a file by default. Can anybody suggest which options need to be enabled within the php.ini file?

Thanks!

2. 3 Posted by Eric Lefebvre on 11 Mar, 2013 07:59 PM

additional update: I have spoken to the web site host. They are confident that this session issue is not due to a setting on their end, since it only affects Internet Explorer. I am starting to wonder if their is a javascript compatibility issue at play, since IE uses a different version oref javascript that everyone else in the world. I know others have reported this issue, but I have yet to read a conclusive resolution. At this point my client is considering the removal of jigoshop from their website. Any last ditch ideas as to how to resolve this?

Thanks.

3. 4 Posted by seannevo on 15 Mar, 2013 05:29 AM

I’m experiencing the same problem, I’ve had many customers report that they cannot complete their checkout process, clicking on place order and nothing happens (always on IE). For the few who reported an issue I manually created an order and emailed them a link for payment. The problem is that for every customer that reports an issue with the website there would be a 100 of potential customers who are just going to shop elsewhere.

4. Support Staff 5 Posted by ivica on 15 Mar, 2013 06:29 PM

Sorry, this is "users help users" Community Forum, for real help from
    Jigoshop developers you should contact them on *Jigoshop Premium Forum*:
    https://jigoshop.com/support/, http://support.jigoshop.com/, unless some
    other user could help you out.

5. 6 Posted by Eric Lefebvre on 15 Mar, 2013 06:35 PM

I understand this is a Community Forum. Yet my client doesn’t feel they should need to pay for premium support for a feature that should “just work”. I’ve read several other posts on the “users help users” forum that contained suggestions, but none show evidence of resolution. I posted here in hopes that other users that have had this problem where able to solve it, but that hasn’t been the case.

6. Support Staff 7 Posted by ivica on 15 Mar, 2013 06:45 PM

When there is a general big issue ("bug") then there is many users
    reporting this bug and Jigoshop developers are trying to resolve this issue
    as soon as possible (if possible, if it is Jigoshop issue and not e.g. only
    Internet Explorer 8 problems).
    However, if it is isolated case – one or several reports by users then it
    is in majority of cases issue with the user’s environment (host, plugins,
    themes, etc). If no users can give you resolution on these isolated issues,
    I don’t know what are the alternative solutions but engage some developer
    or take Premium Support, considering that Jigoshop is free plugin.

I know all of this doesn’t help you with your problem, I can’t help you out
    as I’m not a developer (sorry) but I saw you posted several questions on
    this topic so I wanted to give you another possible alternatives, in case
    you may didn’t know it.

7. 8 Posted by benjiphett on 09 Sep, 2013 09:38 AM

Hi Eric,

I am having the exact same issue currently, and haven’t identified a way of rectifying it.

Did you manage to resolve this problem? If so could you explain to me what was needed to be done.

Kind regards,

Benji

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

•   Remove
  • You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don’t have an account yet, we need to confirm you’re human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
    ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
    ^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac