Please refer to TemplateMonster Support for any issues surrounding TemplateMonster/TemplateTuning Themes – thanks, Jigoshop Team

Catalog deluxe Fatal Error + download link not working

hinata93

18 Oct, 2012 09:03 AM

Hi, I purchased the Catalog Deluxe extension, but when I try to activate the plugin I get the following error message:

Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error.
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home3/chyewhat/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jigoshop-catalog-deluxe/catalog-deluxe.php on line 56

Can anyone offer advice (ideally in layman’s terms!) as to what might be the problem?

The extension’s article in the Knowledgebase says that in the event of “Catalog Deluxe plugin activation it gives me a fatal error: Internal Server Error”, to:

Deactivate Catalog Delux plugin (via FTP) and replace CatalogDeluxe/classes/admin/sanitize.php with the one on below link, then re-activate catalog Delux plugin.

Unfortunately, the download link is broken. I’m also not sure if it’s the same problem as what I’m experiencing since my error message makes no mention of an internal server error.

Help much appreciated, thanks! Paid US$39 for the plugin so a bit surprised it doesn’t come with more ‘official’ support 🙁

1. Support Staff 2 Posted by ivica on 18 Oct, 2012 10:05 AM

Hi! We forwarded your report to Extension developer. As soon as he can he
    will contact you. Thx!

2. Support Staff 3 Posted by ivica on 18 Oct, 2012 10:08 AM

And here it is the missing file attached.

• sanitize.php 967 Bytes
  3. 4 Posted by hinata93 on 18 Oct, 2012 11:49 AM

Thanks for the quick reply!

Have updated the sanitize.php file but still get the same error message, so sincerely hope the extension developer can help!

4. Support Staff 5 Posted by ivica on 18 Oct, 2012 11:54 AM

Me too, I understand your position…

5. Support Staff 6 Posted by Matt on 19 Oct, 2012 08:50 PM

Hi,

Are you on PHP 5.2? Are you able to upgrade to PHP 5.3?

6. 7 Posted by Michele on 11 Nov, 2012 05:28 PM

Hi, just bought this package and I’ve been unable to activate it for the same reason: fatal error.

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/bluemana/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jigoshop-catalog-deluxe/catalog-deluxe.php on line 55

I’m on PHP 5.2.x, not able to upgrade to 5.3.

For me, under CatalogDeluxe/classes/admin/ there was no sanitize.php so I just added the one linked above. No change.

Please help!!

7. Support Staff 8 Posted by Matt on 11 Nov, 2012 05:36 PM

Michele,

You will need PHP 5.3, as the product sale page states. Sorry for the inconvenience ! Contact your host to upgrade your package, it should be free.

8. 9 Posted by Michele on 11 Nov, 2012 05:52 PM

Hi, I totally missed the PHP requirement. Just sent a support email, cross fingers.

BTW, the error happens here:
    self::$cd_options = new GeczyCatalog_DeluxeSF_Settings_API( $this->id, $this->title, ‘jigoshop’ );

9. 10 Posted by Michele on 11 Nov, 2012 06:02 PM

Isn’t there a way to make it work? It seems like a syntax issue btw PHP 5.2 and 5.3.

10. Support Staff 11 Posted by Matt on 11 Nov, 2012 06:46 PM

There is a way , but that would cause compatibility issues with other extensions (if you have them). Let me know what support responsd with!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don’t have an account yet, we need to confirm you’re human and not a machine trying to post spam.