Please refer to TemplateMonster Support for any issues surrounding TemplateMonster/TemplateTuning Themes – thanks, Jigoshop Team

Cannot change Catalog Image size

lakersalex

05 Sep, 2012 04:39 PM

I want my catalog images to be 240 pixels wide and 150 pixels high. I went to Jigoshop-Settings-Images and set the catalog image height and width to those numbers. I also checked the Crop Catalog images box. I clicked on Save Images Changes. Then I went to the regenerate thumbnails and reset all the thumbnails.

My catalog images are still 150 x 150 pixels and the image is also distorted.

1. 2 Posted by bert peters on 05 Sep, 2012 09:03 PM

Change the settings in jigoshop/assets/css/frontend.css
    look for:
    img{width:150px!important;height:150px!important;
    change the 150’s in whatever you want.
    Maybe you should change the settings also in jigoshop image settings and wp media
    You have to do this after every jigoshop update
    Good luck.

2. 3 Posted by lakersalex on 06 Sep, 2012 02:31 AM

Thanks Bert! That worked only after I also changed the width of the “.products li”

So is this a bug in Jigoshop?

3. 4 Posted by bert peters on 06 Sep, 2012 07:18 AM

No, it is not a bug. 150x150px is the default situation.
    In you situation you only have to change width into 240 so you get something like ‘ img{width:240px!important;height:150px!important;’ that’s all.
    You also can change the titel line with ‘products li’ I think but I am not familiar with that.
    Note thal all thumbnails will become this size.
    Good luck.

4. 5 Posted by cmisak on 18 Oct, 2012 09:02 PM

Did this get resolved? I’m having the same issue where I’ve changed the Catalog Image Width from the backend Jigoshop > Settings > Images > Save than I resize thumbnails.

From the front end inspect element and its still 150, I’ve played with firebug and can get it to be 170 but it does seem like a bug otherwise whats the point of having the option in the backend if it does nothing and you end up heading to the CSS file anyways?

5. 6 Posted by lakersalex on 19 Oct, 2012 09:00 PM

Sorta.

bert peters says it’s not a bug that in order to change the size of images, you have to edit the CSS manually. I disagree.

I would prefer that Jigoshop’s backend does what it says and changes the size of images for you. To my beginner eyes, it’s very unclear what you’re actually setting when you set the image size.

6. 7 Posted by bert peters on 19 Oct, 2012 09:27 PM

All changes have to be made in the frontend.css and also in the backend. I do’nt know why but for me it works.

7. 8 Posted by lakersalex on 19 Oct, 2012 10:39 PM

It also works for me, but I would like to see Jigoshop let users change the size of images without requiring manual changes to CSS files.

8. 9 Posted by cmisak on 20 Oct, 2012 06:00 AM

This is quoted directly from the help paragraph on the tab
    “Changing any of these settings will affect the dimensions of images used in your Shop.” Giving no indication you would need to head to manually adjust the CSS.

Additionally the reason I call it a bug is the Gallery size defaulted to 300 recognized the size adjustment. Now it had to be square which I would call another bug, but. Based on (1) of them behaving like we all expect and the catalog not I feel something isn’t firing like its suppose.

Can a Jigoshop rep clarify what we should expect to see happen after we change the image sizes in the backend > than resize thumbnails as instructed?

Thank you

9. Support Staff 10 Posted by chriscct7 on 20 Oct, 2012 12:24 PM

Hi there,
    Jigoshop is designed so that you should not have to edit that CSS file. Any changes you make to frontend.css will be lost on upgrade.
    The catalog image toggles have always worked for me. If they are not working for you, we recommend posting a forum issue, so that we can review your site. Likely, it usually ends up being a theme issue.

Images, by default in Jigoshop, are square.

If any one you have an instance where this is not working for you right now, and you have not made any edits to the core frontend.css file, I’d appreciate the ability to look at your setup.

Just let me know if you are willing to let me borrow your WP-Admin, and I’ll send that user and email, based on the Tender email address we have stored for you.

Thanks,
    -Chris

10. 11 Posted by cmisak on 20 Oct, 2012 02:08 PM

Chris is there a way to PM on the forum or can I get your email? My store isn’t launched yet and I haven’t adjusted the core css.

11. Support Staff 12 Posted by chriscct7 on 20 Oct, 2012 02:36 PM

Just sent you an email

-Chris

12. 13 Posted by Thorworx on 21 Oct, 2012 05:19 PM

FWIW, the easy fix to this issue is by using a CSS override, if your site/theme allows for it. My site’s theme’s CSS loads last, so this fix will not be affected by jigoshop upgrades*.

.products li a img {
        text-align:center !important; /* centers narrow thumbs */
        margin-right: auto !important; /* centers narrow thumbs */
        margin-left:auto !important;  /* centers narrow thumbs */
        width: auto !important;
        height: auto !important;
    }

This allows you to use proportional thumbs with no distortion — with all cropping options turned off in image settings. You could additionally turn off image borders with this method.

*NOTE: If you use this method, and have any products using the jigoshop placeholder image, you should edit /plugins/jigoshop/assets/images/placeholder.png to match the size of your thumbnail size setting (ex. 150 x 150). The placeholder.png file WILL need to be re-edited after a jigoshop upgrade if you are using it.

IMO, this override should definitely be implemented in jigoshop, and jigoshop should use a thumb sized placeholder instead of a 300 x 300 px placeholder image.

13. 14 Posted by bert peters on 21 Oct, 2012 07:57 PM

@Thorworx It works fine. I replaced the Jigoshop lines in frontend.css with your lines. But now the picture is ‘waving’ when I touch it with the cursor. Is that normal? Please take a look: http://jouwex.nl/
    Tnx,
    Bert Peters

14. Support Staff 15 Posted by chriscct7 on 22 Oct, 2012 01:57 AM

@thorworx, for the very reason you have mentioned we can’t add this. As your theme loads last, the theme makers will just override this.

@Bert, your theme has transitions CSS that causes this.

-Chris

15. 16 Posted by cmisak on 22 Oct, 2012 04:54 AM

@chriscct7 do you still want/need access to my site to review – I had to restore the DB from a backup… Looks like a headway corruption and the revert point removed your access.

Let me know

16. 17 Posted by webladynz on 22 Oct, 2012 05:22 AM

Same problem I had, very frustrating

17. 18 Posted by SuewPeasuse on 22 Oct, 2012 07:23 AM

{

18. 19 Posted by bert peters on 22 Oct, 2012 07:52 AM

@chriscct7

Tnx but I am not familiar with this so I removed that line.
    Regards
    Bert

19. 20 Posted by Cody on 14 Mar, 2013 10:38 PM

I just tried what had been suggested, editing the css, and it still just made my images taller, not wider. Please help

20. 21 Posted by lakersalex on 15 Mar, 2013 01:05 AM

/* enlarge catalog images */ .products li a img {width:312px !important; height:auto !important;} .products li { width:30% !important; margin-right:1.6% !important; margin-left:1.6%; !important; }

/* smaller related products images */ .type-product .related .products li a img {width:150px !important; height:auto !important;} .type-product .related .products li { width:20% !important; margin-right:2% !important; margin-left:3% !important; }

21. 22 Posted by Cody Patey on 15 Mar, 2013 04:35 PM

Thank you that worked perfectly!

Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2013 6:05 PM
    Subject: Re: Cannot change Catalog Image size [Issues and Questions #4027]

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don’t have an account yet, we need to confirm you’re human and not a machine trying to post spam.