Please refer to TemplateMonster Support for any issues surrounding TemplateMonster/TemplateTuning Themes – thanks, Jigoshop Team

Latest update (4/14/2013) crashed site

Mike Evans

17 Apr, 2013 03:30 PM

Good morning! I just updated to 1.6.3 and it gives my site the white screen of death. I restored from back up, but was unable to re-activate Jigoshop . Debugging gives two errors in /wp-content/plugins/jigoshop/shortcodes/my_account.php. The first is on line 33, it states it found an unexpected “:” which I changed to a “;” just to see what would happen (seems to have cleared the error, but I have no idea what I’m doing lol). The second error is: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /home6/usvmclio/public_html/bootsonthegroundny/wp-content/plugins/jigoshop/shortcodes/my_account.php on line 87. Looking forward to getting back online with my shop, and hoping it is a quick fix that I am missing. I love the product!

Showing the most recent page of comments. View the first page

1. 32 Posted by hugh on 19 Apr, 2013 11:05 PM

Thanks!

Works with fix!

2. 33 Posted by dfladermaus on 19 Apr, 2013 11:27 PM

So is this fix updated in the version available in wordpress? My host is running PHP5.3.13 and the initial upgrade hosed my site. I restored to the previous version of jigoshop and am running but do not want to try another upgrade until I know the upgrade works.

3. 34 Posted by Willem Norbert Dijkgraaf on 20 Apr, 2013 01:41 AM

Exactly the same problem here. Something to improve in the testing departement?

4. 35 Posted by paco j. on 20 Apr, 2013 09:36 AM

HE ACTULIZADO JIGOSHOP 1.6.3,ME DADO ERROR SI ME HA BORRADO TODO ¿COMO ARREGLARLO? UN SALUDO

5. Support Staff 36 Posted by ivica on 20 Apr, 2013 12:50 PM

You can use Google Translate (or engage somebody who knows English) to
    translate Jeff’s text from this discussion, download file that Jeff
    attached and act accordingly:

JEFF:
    Ok folks, sorry again for the trouble this has caused. The unfortunate
    part as noted … the ‘goto’ statement that is causing this problem wasn’t
    my first choice, but the choice I wanted wasn’t working for me at the time
    … and it turns out this was a theme issue on my end and I went with it as
    a last resort.

So find enclosed a NEW file to replace:

`jigoshop/shortcodes/my_
    account.php`

This file removes this ‘goto’ so that PHP 5.3 is NOT required and does
    appear to fix the initial problem … preventing payment on orders that are
    now out of stock.

If someone were to install and run a test to confirm, that would be great
    and we’ll get a proper fix out for it.

6. 37 Posted by Nate on 21 Apr, 2013 07:56 AM

Thanks for the updates Ivica, Can you please tell me where this NEW file enclosed?

7. 38 Posted by Nate on 21 Apr, 2013 07:58 AM

Nevermind, got it. Thanks.

8. 39 Posted by Thierry on 21 Apr, 2013 06:46 PM

Sorry guys but no one really seems to really understand newbies on this board. So here it is in plain words: 1: Ask your web host to update your PHP to version 5.3 or do it yourselves in your C panel, it is very easy. Go to “software” category, find the PHP configuration file and, in the window, select PHP 5.3 and click Update. 2: Go back to your WordPress configuration, into the plugins, select “delete” Jigoshop and then reinstall Jigoshop and all should be fine. The above is for people who could not activate their installation.

9. 40 Posted by steve on 21 Apr, 2013 07:34 PM

Add me to the list of users with the same issue. I tried the above and used the drop down window that said The “.php” file extension will be processed by PHP 5 there was no 5.3 listed. I have not uninstalled gigo as it says it will lose all of its data, OR how do I restore to 1.6.2?

10. 41 Posted by steve on 21 Apr, 2013 08:03 PM

Well I deleted jigo shop,had Hostgator update to 5.3 and reinstalled jigo and get the same error. Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘:’ in /home/steve/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jigoshop/shortcodes/my_account.php on line 33

11. Support Staff 42 Posted by Jeff on 21 Apr, 2013 10:11 PM

Ok, we are now on the second page of our forum post for this issue.

For people experiencing it, please see my post number 30 in this thread. Yes, that means you will have to log in to the forums to see it. The post number 30 resolves this issue by providing a file you can use WITHOUT upgrading PHP.

And we will have version 1.6.4 of Jigoshop out early next week to specifically resolve this issue.

12. Jeff closed this discussion on 21 Apr, 2013 10:14 PM.

13. steve re-opened this discussion on 22 Apr, 2013 03:19 AM

14. 43 Posted by steve on 22 Apr, 2013 03:19 AM

Well I see the file you posted, but I need you to tell me where to add this at and what to delete. I simply have no clue.

15. Support Staff 44 Posted by Jigoshop on 22 Apr, 2013 01:32 PM

Upgrade to 1.6.4 today, this has just been release to WP.

16. 45 Posted by steve on 22 Apr, 2013 02:00 PM

Thanks for the timely update! It activates in Wp! When I add back my store, checkout and cart to the webpage. I get this error, other than that thanks! There are 9 error messages in my menu. All the same error.

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, ‘Jigoshop_Widget_Featured_Products::flush_widget_cache’ was given in /home/steve/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 406

17. 46 Posted by Alexander on 22 Apr, 2013 05:14 PM

Updated to 1.6.4 and getting cart errors: both these alerts appear after adding item to cart

Action failed. Please refresh the page and retry.
    Product successfully added to your cart.

Then it says shopping cart is empty. What is going on?

18. 47 Posted by Mike Evans on 22 Apr, 2013 05:20 PM

Respectfully,

19. 48 Posted by jamblo on 23 Apr, 2013 02:10 PM

I get this error too!

Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, class ‘Jigoshop_Widget_Featured_Products’ does not have a method ‘flush_widget_cache’ in /home/dinworth/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 406
    {result”:”success”,”redirect

ARGH

20. 49 Posted by paco j. on 23 Apr, 2013 03:04 PM

NO LOGRO ABRIR ESCRITORIO ME SALE ERROR:
    Fatal error: Cannot redeclare my_action_row() (previously declared in /homepages/18/d433062906/htdocs/serfes/wp-content/plugins/jigoshop/admin/jigoshop-admin-post-types.php:304) in /homepages/18/d433062906/htdocs/serfes/wp-content/plugins/wp-e-commerce/wpsc-admin/display-items.page.php on line 462

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/18/d433062906/htdocs/serfes/wp-content/plugins/wp-e-commerce/wpsc-admin/display-items.page.php:462) in /homepages/18/d433062906/htdocs/serfes/wp-content/plugins/wp-e-commerce/wpsc-core/wpsc-functions.php on line 1622

?COMO SOLUCIONAR

21. Support Staff 50 Posted by ivica on 23 Apr, 2013 03:08 PM

Uninstal wp-ecommerce plugin, you can’t have 2 cart plugins in the same
    time, activated or one deactivated.

22. 51 Posted by steve on 23 Apr, 2013 04:11 PM

I have no other commerce plug in, either active or deactivated. I am on 1.6.4. when I go to checkout/cart I get this error. Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, ‘Jigoshop_Widget_Featured_Products::flush_widget_cache’ was given in /home/steve/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 406
    {result”:”success”,”redirect;

23. 52 Posted by paco j. on 23 Apr, 2013 04:15 PM

COMO LO PUEDO HACER NO PUEDO ENTRAR AL ESCRITORIO.PARA DESATIVAS PLUGINS?

24. 53 Posted by Alexander on 23 Apr, 2013 07:07 PM

Website www.cakesbyviolet.com

I upgraded to 1.6.4, after adding product, shopping cart keeps saying empty. Please help!

25. 54 Posted by jamblo on 23 Apr, 2013 09:07 PM

Can we all assume a fix/new update will be released imminently?

Get this error at the top of the screen when creating a new product too:

Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, class ‘Jigoshop_Widget_Featured_Products’ does not have a method ‘flush_widget_cache’ in /home/dinworth/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 406

which is not a big deal. What IS a big deal is NO purchases being able to be made because of the error:

Thanks in advance.

26. 55 Posted by Rachel on 23 Apr, 2013 11:01 PM

I get this error at checkout now:

Warning: call_user_func_array() [function.call-user-func-array]: First argument is expected to be a valid callback, ‘Jigoshop_Widget_Featured_Products::flush_widget_cache’ was given in /home/sengjwi/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 406

meaning that NO ONE can buy from the shop. Error doesn’t appear until someone atempts to leave the checkout page to go to Paypal.

Running on site: http://FightingSheepDog.com/shop

27. Support Staff 56 Posted by ivica on 24 Apr, 2013 06:06 AM

Hi!

1) You can turn OFF WordPress debugging:
    http://forum.jigoshop.com/kb/testings/how-to-turn-on-debug-testing-option
    or

2) In case you don’t wan’t to do that, to install Jigoshop patch/update on
    gihtub (link below):
    https://github.com/jigoshop/jigoshop/archive/1.6.4.1.zip

28. 57 Posted by steve on 24 Apr, 2013 07:36 PM

So by doing the above,does that simply turn off the error message or turn it off and fix’s the problem? Guessing by the postings I am not alone but feels like it!

29. 58 Posted by Jim on 25 Apr, 2013 05:36 AM

Confirmed that I’m running php5.3 – still broken
    I tried the custom replacement .php file – didn’t help
    Installed 1.6.4 update -still broken

This is the second time a Jigoshop update has killed my site, and I’m not doing anything particularly custom or clever.

Giving up. Migrating to WooCommerce. If the free version doesn’t work reliably, why would I pay for a premium version? Or support?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help or Preview

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don’t have an account yet, we need to confirm you’re human and not a machine trying to post spam.