Please refer to TemplateMonster Support for any issues surrounding TemplateMonster/TemplateTuning Themes – thanks, Jigoshop Team

I have a unique request from a client and want to see if it’s something Jigoshop can do…

Sundaram

16 Apr, 2013 09:30 PM

My client is selling art and wants to use the shop features of Jigoshop… only they don’t want people to be able to buy from the site, only inquire about the pieces they are interested in.

I know there is a inquiry form plugin, and that is pretty much the functionality they are wanting, only not one product at a time. They want users to be able to add products to the cart, then, instead of purchasing those products in the cart, send an email with all the products they have in their cart along with their contact info so my client can follow up via email or phone with pricing and more details.

I’ve scoured the Jigoshop plugins and the only thing I’ve found that comes close to this is the inquiry form (which I have already purchased) which is only on a product-by-product basis.

Any thoughts on how this functionality can be achieved using Jigoshop or a plugin for Jigoshop?

1. 2 Posted by optart on 17 Apr, 2013 07:59 AM

You may try simply changing translation of “buy” to “request a quote” and configure only one “payment” – bank transfer, specifying in it’s description that it’s only quote request.

It would work if you can leave price as “suggested price”. If not – there would be trouble with adding to cart product without price and it would require probably a bit of custom development.

In case of troubles you can contact us to discuss scope and pricing via contact @ optart.biz

2. 3 Posted by burkie on 17 Apr, 2013 08:42 AM

Hi Sundaram,

This might be some help as I’ve used it in a similar way, allows people add the item to a wish list and it creates a url for each persons selection (but the person would need to be logged in) which they could email to the client or somehow adjust the plugin to add the url of their wish list directly into a textarea to send to client.

http://codecanyon.net/item/jigoshop-wish-list/1358612

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don’t have an account yet, we need to confirm you’re human and not a machine trying to post spam.