Please refer to TemplateMonster Support for any issues surrounding TemplateMonster/TemplateTuning Themes – thanks, Jigoshop Team

stock reduction for all orders

tom

25 Jul, 2013 06:32 AM

I need an extension that will reduce stock on all orders for all payment methods. For example bank wire and COD.

I got a hold of the Jigo guys and they said they would not make it an extension or a permanent part of the core plugin. Just a one shot deal. So on update I would lose the function.

I am hoping someone can do this as an extension so I can keep the function through updates.

Thanks

1. 2 Posted by optart on 25 Jul, 2013 06:38 AM

Hi Tom,
    Try our customer discounts plugin - it can allow you to define discount for all products. Full docs: http://www.optart.biz/portfolio/jigoshop-customer-discounts-en/

2. 3 Posted by tom on 25 Jul, 2013 06:51 AM

@OptArt. I am not looking for a discounts extension.

I have a site that has a high number of bank wire transactions. The bank wires take less than 12 hours to clear. There is no reasonable way to keep up with reducing the stock manually on the order screen. When the stock is low (1) currently someone can purchase through bank wire at checkout and the stock needs to be reduced manually. It can happen if the stock is not reduced in time another customer can purchase the same thing and now it is oversold.

This is leading to extra time to manage the stock and extra customer service to let people know they thing they bought is sold out and the need to refund their money.

Why this is not an option in the core of Jigoshop is odd, but I guess many places just use CC and ePayment methods. That is not the case for one of my sites. 95% is bank wire with limited stock items that will never be able to be backordered.

3. 4 Posted by optart on 25 Jul, 2013 07:12 AM

Ah,
    stock, not price - sorry for misunderstanding.
    indeed, that would be good to have such option. we will try to check development possibilities on our end in spare time.

4. 5 Posted by tom on 26 Jul, 2013 12:10 PM

I got this done. Thanks.

5. 6 Posted by optart on 26 Jul, 2013 01:01 PM

how?

6. 7 Posted by tom on 27 Jul, 2013 07:04 AM

Just did it myself. Made a core file change for immediate results and I will hopefully have a plugin for this next week time willing.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.