Please refer to TemplateMonster Support for any issues surrounding TemplateMonster/TemplateTuning Themes – thanks, Jigoshop Team

Marketplace

michaelstarr

13 Jun, 2013 10:03 AM

I'm a huge fan of JIGOSHOP but haven't yet been able to step away from a modded digital download (ebooks) OSCommerce site I'm hosting for one very simple reason.

I really want to see a "marketplace" inspired plug-in where users can upload their own products straight to the shop from within their user dashboard. Beyond that, the user should be able to edit that product such as image, list price, status, description live.

Does this feature already exist or can somebody PLEAAASE develop it. I've got JIGOSHOP installed on a test server with about 8 plugins that I bought which are great, but I really want to make the switch and become a regular user here.

1. Support Staff 2 Posted by chriscct7 on 15 Jun, 2013 08:27 PM

Hi there,
    The Jigoshop Product Vendor plugin will be available again this week.

-Chris

2. 3 Posted by michaelstarr on 15 Jun, 2013 10:50 PM

Hi.

Thank you. Where can I find info about this plugin?

Please also keep me posted.

With thanks, Michael

3. Support Staff 4 Posted by chriscct7 on 16 Jun, 2013 02:27 AM

Hi there,
    There's nothing up yet, but there will be when its released.

-Chris

4. 5 Posted by tom on 18 Jun, 2013 08:39 AM

I am waiting on this one as well. Thanks Chris.

5. 6 Posted by michaelstarr on 01 Jul, 2013 09:27 AM

Any fresh update on this guys? I've got my wallet ready to buy some extensions and make the switch, but this is the only thing holding me back. If not, then I'll develop something myself. If I do that, can I sell it in your marketplace as a solution?

6. 7 Posted by michaelstarr on 01 Jul, 2013 04:18 PM

7. Support Staff 8 Posted by chriscct7 on 01 Jul, 2013 04:23 PM

It's not that simple to do actually, but its in progress. I wrote that plugin ;)

My plan was to do the Jigoshop version when I finish the next major version of the EDD version.

-Chris

8. 9 Posted by michaelstarr on 01 Jul, 2013 04:54 PM

Noooo Chris, Jigoshop is the priority. Don't make me go to the EDD dark side ;)

(i know you did it, your name was all over it)

The biggest challenge is to adapt it to allow for custom fields I guess :) I mean, If I have six additional fields in my store, then how can you add those six additional fields to the front end submission?

Good luck

9. 10 Posted by tom on 06 Jul, 2013 03:10 PM

Chris does good work and I am sure it will be a refined plugin when it is ready. I have been awaiting this for a while, but I am sure it is worth the wait.

Thanks Chris.

10. Support Staff 11 Posted by chriscct7 on 06 Jul, 2013 03:38 PM

Thanks Tom,

Yep I have to be careful when releasing something of this nature. There's alot of security vectors I have check. The EDD version, for instance, was tested for almost 2 full months before release. While I know everyone wants it, I don't want to release it, then find out there's a vector with a little but longer of testing I could have prevented or a bug that causes issues. That's kinda what makes my extensions different from other Jigoshop developers. I prefer my extensions to work the first time, and with a dynamic featureset. Jigoshop Price By Roles had a 2.0 release in a public beta for almost an entire month, before that mammoth update was released. And that upgrade added a ton of new features.

One of the biggest issues is that Jigoshop does not have a comparable extension to EDD's Commission extension, which is what FES uses to pay out authors. I will have to build my own to handle that.

To answer the question about custom fields, that's a very common question for the EDD version. It's really simple actually :). There's 2 hooks that you can use. The first one does the displaying of the fields, the second one does the saving. When the Jigoshop one is released that'll be in the docs, with an example.

It's been a very busy summer so far for me, between launching nearly a dozen new sites, writing nearly a dozen extensions, school work, and getting ready to move. I've also accepted a job position, which I'm very excited about, but at the same time takes time that I used to have.

Not to worry, I'm definitely committed to Jigoshop. Not changing anytime soon.

-Chris

11. 12 Posted by tom on 06 Jul, 2013 05:12 PM

Chris,

Glad to hear things are going well and you are staying busy. I had a boss long ago that informed me that working 12 hour days is still just "part-time". Not far from the truth.

If you need help in beta test let me know.

Tom

12. Support Staff 13 Posted by ivica on 06 Jul, 2013 05:18 PM

Chris, we know you are continuing doing very good job for and with Jigoshop
    :-)

13. Support Staff 14 Posted by chriscct7 on 06 Jul, 2013 09:13 PM

Sound good Tom. I'll let you know when I get closer

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.