Please refer to TemplateMonster Support for any issues surrounding TemplateMonster/TemplateTuning Themes – thanks, Jigoshop Team

Quick Add Product

Stenten

23 May, 2013 06:02 PM

I have looked and haven’t been able to find anything like this for Jigoshop. Is there a way to add a widget for a quick add product if the customer knows the part number? So instead of having to go to the product page and click add to cart they can just type the part numbers on multiple lines and click add to cart? This would speed up the process for return customers.

If this isn’t out there yet it would be a great idea.

1. 2 Posted by tigerton on 19 Jun, 2013 04:51 PM

By part numbers, do you refer to the SKU number?

2. 3 Posted by Stenten on 19 Jun, 2013 04:56 PM

Yes SKU # similar to the attached image.

3. 4 Posted by tigerton on 20 Jun, 2013 11:34 AM

I think this should be doable.. I’m currently working on another jigoshop extension but afterwards I might take a whack at this 🙂

I do see some issues tho.. What if the product has variations? You’d either have to do some sort of ajax call to fetch those variations when the user has entered an SKU and let them chose before adding to cart or limit the functionality to just products with a single price.

4. 5 Posted by Stenten on 20 Jun, 2013 12:33 PM

Each variation has a specific sku associated with it.

5. 6 Posted by tigerton on 20 Jun, 2013 12:52 PM

yeah that would allow the visitor to choose an specific variation (provided that the shop owner has entered SKU values for the variations, I just checked the DB and these are not created automatically)..

The issue remains tho, what about when the visitor enters the SKU for the product and not one of the products variations?

6. 7 Posted by Stenten on 20 Jun, 2013 01:05 PM

Oh I get what your saying now. I have no idea, but it would be great if they would be able to choose. Since a large majority of my products have variations it would be bad to eliminate them from the option.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don’t have an account yet, we need to confirm you’re human and not a machine trying to post spam.