Please refer to TemplateMonster Support for any issues surrounding TemplateMonster/TemplateTuning Themes – thanks, Jigoshop Team

Dynamic Attribute Filtering

cmisak

21 Oct, 2012 06:22 AM

Would be cool to see attributes that are depended on other attributes.

Example:

You have "Item X" that has a size attribute and a color attribute. But only "Size 1" comes in blue and green. All the others come in Blue, Green, Yellow and Red. So if you the user picks "Size 1" than the next set of option dropdown will only show "Blue" and "Green" not the other colors.

I think it'd be a toss-up to force people to go down a path and eliminate options as they go through them vs. allowing them to pick any option at any stage and than everything filters from there. So using the example above if the user knew they wanted "Item X" in "Blue" and chose that color to start with then the only size that would should is "Size 1" vs deciding for the user which is the starting point.

I figured atribute rules allowing for :AND :OR type statements would allow someone from the back end to create these rules. If I were in the backend of the Jigoshop in the Atributes section looking at "Color" each of the colors (and all attributes) would have an "Apply Rule" allowing me to to state that at a color level :IF Size 1 is selected Show,Hide,Increase Price,etc for Blue, Green (Checkboxes). In my mind the check boxes would show all of the available attributes. For my example I'm only walking through 1 tier but if you had more complicated products adding multiple rules would allow for a very customizable products / options page.

If anyone is interested in discussing this further - I have extensive knowledge of a hosted competitors short-comings in this area and how I was able to work around it with my team.

Thank you

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.