Please refer to TemplateMonster Support for any issues surrounding TemplateMonster/TemplateTuning Themes – thanks, Jigoshop Team

Jigoshop product importer deluxe status

tigerton

18 Oct, 2012 02:04 PM

Hi!

Last time I used Jigoshop there was talk of a plugin which would handle export/imports of products.. I see now that you've made that which is great!

I'm just wondering wether you're actively working on making the plugin work with variations and what the status on that is?
Am going to make another jigoshop site (jewelery store) and they always have lots of variations (white gold, gold, red gold, silver blahblah) and also update their prices fairly often since the rate on gold and silver changes..

1. Support Staff 2 Posted by ivica on 18 Oct, 2012 02:46 PM

I see that for importer it's still no good news for variations, sorry :-(

http://jigoshop.com/product/jigoshop-product-importer-deluxe/

"Note: The Importer does not currently support Product Variations"

2. Support Staff 3 Posted by chriscct7 on 18 Oct, 2012 06:33 PM

It is on the dev log. In the meantime, you could use Duplicate Products plugin if the variations are all the same.

3. 4 Posted by ChrisG on 27 Oct, 2012 10:49 PM

I'll second the request for it to support variations please! I run a WPEC website with around 300 products, virtually all have variations. I'd like to get away from WPEC but the ability to import in bulk with variations already set is something I couldnt live without.

4. 5 Posted by Tigerton on 29 Oct, 2012 07:33 AM

chriscc7, in what way could we substitute the importer for the duplicate posts plugin?

What I'm looking for is a way for the client to have all their products in an XML file (or something similar) in which they can make all the changes and then import to jigoshop and update their products..

5. Support Staff 6 Posted by chriscct7 on 29 Oct, 2012 08:44 AM

I was thinking if all of hte variations are hte same, you could just create 1 product, and keep duplicating it. But given what you need, that isn't going to work.
    -Chris

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.