Shipping should be definded by Weight and Size and be per order - what do I do? (Only ship in Denmark)

Johan Fast

26 Mar, 2013 09:49 PM

I want the shipping to calculate itself based on what is in the cart - and it should be calculated from weight and size of the order, finalizing by choosing only the more expensive alternative when multiple products are in the cart. I can't seem to find out if i can use premium shipping for this?
Please help.

1. 2 Posted by optart on 27 Mar, 2013 12:16 PM

Do you use one of standard shipping methods? I am not sure but think that one of paid plugins do this (look for shipping under extend)

2. 3 Posted by Johan Fast on 30 Mar, 2013 10:15 PM

Ok, can i simply calculate shipping based on weight (with some product exceptions) and what add-on should i use for that? Destination is not an issue for me since all zips are same price in Denmark. Thanks.

3. Support Staff 4 Posted by chriscct7 on 31 Mar, 2013 03:26 PM

If you're calculating based on weight, Premium Shipping can do this for you. However, why not just incorporate the cost of shipping into the products since you know the weight of them ahead of time, unless I'm missing something.

4. 5 Posted by Johan Fast on 31 Mar, 2013 03:45 PM

I want the shipping to be non-profit. And my products differentiate from 5 grams to 20 kilo in weight. The shipping companies define the price only based on weight and size here - so what i need is the cart to be able to measure how much weight is in it and if there are somethings that are above fx 1 meter long and therefore the shipping price for that order will be defined by the item size.
    It would be ok if the customers had to choose the size option themself.
    Makes sense?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help or Preview

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.