Please refer to TemplateMonster Support for any issues surrounding TemplateMonster/TemplateTuning Themes – thanks, Jigoshop Team

PCi Compliant

Ruin

21 Dec, 2012 03:00 PM

Hi there,

Many apologies if this is a subject that has already been dealt with but I cannot find anything ion the archives. I have a client who I am building a website fore using Jigoshop. The client is asking whether the site will be PCi compliant? Can someone let me know whether or not this feature is embedded within the jigoshop plugin?

They are also merchant level 3 if you require this info too.

Thank you for your time.
Matt

1. Support Staff 2 Posted by chriscct7 on 21 Dec, 2012 03:06 PM

Do they plan on taking the Credit Card #'s on their site or via redirection to a Payment Gateway such as PayPal or via a secure Iframe on their site such as Authorize DPM/AIM?

In the case of the latter 2, the answer is yes, if the site has a SSL certificate (non shared). Else the answer is no.

All depends on how they wish to take the credit card information. This answer is also not Jigoshop specific. It applies to all carts in WP.

-Chris

2. 3 Posted by Ruin on 21 Dec, 2012 03:41 PM

Thanks for the reply Chris.

They are wanting to redirect through PayPal at this moment in time but they do not hold an SSL certificate. Would I need to get this for them then before we can transmit payments through PayPal.

Can you direct me to where I need to obtain this certificate Chris?

Thanks for your help
    Matt

3. Support Staff 4 Posted by chriscct7 on 21 Dec, 2012 03:50 PM

If you are doing it through the included PayPal gateway, then it its only recommended you have one. Its not required for PCI, because the credit card details are not taken on your site.

I recommend purchasing the SSL certificate from the host provider. Buying it elsewhere, like on an SSL company's site is probably going to be cheaper, but in my experience 9 times out of 10 it is never worth the headache that comes with setting some of the certificates up manually.
    When you go to your host, you do not need an expensive SSL. You need the most basic private SSL they have. Your hosting account likely came with a shared SSL, however, you need a private one. Should not be that expensive, though you will have to buy it on a 1 or 2 year contract.

After you've got one, its going to require a bit of work to set WP up to use it.
    I recommend following a guide like http://www.wpbeginner.com/wp-tutorials/how-to-secure-your-wordpress...

4. 5 Posted by Ruin on 21 Dec, 2012 04:02 PM

Thanks so much for your help Chris, you have been a star!

Cheers
    Matt

5. Support Staff 6 Posted by chriscct7 on 21 Dec, 2012 04:03 PM

Not a problem :)

-Chris

6. chriscct7 closed this discussion on 21 Dec, 2012 04:03 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.