Wrong total showing

seannevo

08 Nov, 2012 09:24 AM

I've been getting orders coming through with wrong totals. So far it's only when customers are paying with PayPal, the actual amount in PayPal is the correct amount but when the orders come through to me the total is wrong, which also means that the email receipt the customers receive would have the wrong figures showing. I have not been able to replicate the issue and cannot figure out why this is happening as the figures don't make any sense.
I have attached a screenshot of one of these orders, top right shows the correct subtotal and the correct tax amount but the total is wrong.
Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

1. Support Staff 2 Posted by ivica on 08 Nov, 2012 07:34 PM

I don't know if developers will have time to take a look into your
    question, but post your system info here and perform Simple User testings
    before and post the results: update of the WP, plugins, theme, etc. if you
    didn't already do it:

http://forum.jigoshop.com/kb/testings/simple-user-testing

2. 3 Posted by seannevo on 09 Nov, 2012 02:22 AM

Begin System Info

Multi-site:               No
    SITE_URL:                 http://cheapoz.com.au
    HOME_URL:                 http://cheapoz.com.au
    Jigoshop Version:         1.4.4
    WordPress Version:        3.4.2
    Platform:                 Windows 
    Browser Name:             Chrome  
    Browser Version:          23.0.1271.64 
    User Agent String:        Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW 
                                  64) AppleWebKit/537.11 (KHTML, l
                                  ike Gecko) Chrome/23.0.1271.64 S
                                  afari/537.11
    PHP Version:              5.2.17
    MySQL Version:            5.5.23-55
    Web Server Info:          Apache
    PHP Memory Limit:         256M
    PHP Post Max Size:        8M
    WP_DEBUG:                 Disabled
    WP Table Prefix:          Length: 3 Status: Acceptable
    Show On Front:            page
    Page On Front:            15
    Page For Posts:           17
    Session:                  Enabled
    Session Name:             PHPSESSID
    Cookie Path:              /
    Save Path:                
    Use Cookies:              On
    Use Only Cookies:         Off
    UPLOAD_MAX_FILESIZE:      2MB
    POST_MAX_SIZE:            8MB
    WordPress Memory Limit:   64MB
    WP_DEBUG:                 Off
    DISPLAY ERRORS:           On (�off�)
    FSOCKOPEN:                Your server supports fsockopen.
    ACTIVE PLUGINS:
    Advanced Custom Fields: 3.5.1
    Contact Form 7: 3.3.1
    eWAY AU Direct Gateway for Jigoshop: 1.0
    Jigoshop: 1.4.4
    Really Simple CAPTCHA: 1.5
    Regenerate Thumbnails: 2.2.3
    Table Rate Shipping for Jigoshop: 2.0.6
    WordPress SEO: 1.2.8.7
    WP Security Scan: 3.0.9
    CURRENT THEME:
    Jetbird: 1.0.7
    ### End System Info ###

3. 4 Posted by seannevo on 04 Jan, 2013 11:29 PM

Has anyone had time to look into this issue? I have been losing business as customers would not finalize purchase when their total is higher than it should be. Any help would be much appreciated.

4. Support Staff 5 Posted by chriscct7 on 05 Jan, 2013 12:37 AM

Please be aware this is a community forum manned by volunteers. If you need dedicated support you're going to want to get Premium Support. Most of the volunteers do tickets that are oldest first, which means there is currently about 20 tickets in front of you. I would highly suggest Premium Support where your ticket will get results immediately

• Chris
  5. Support Staff 6 Posted by Jeff on 05 Jan, 2013 03:01 AM

If you are still on version 1.4.4 then you need to upgrade and then report that this is still an issue. I believe this was resolved in 1.4.5

6. 7 Posted by seannevo on 07 Jan, 2013 09:09 AM

Thanks Jeff, since posting my system info above I have upgraded to 1.4.9 but still experience this problem. It seems like it has something to do with the tax calculation, so I had no choice but to remove the tax, until this issue is resolved.

7. Support Staff 8 Posted by Jeff on 07 Jan, 2013 09:54 AM

And in just now visiting your site ... it's a little difficult to see this issue with it removed.

Can you check your theme folder folder for a 'jigoshop' folder and in there somewhere is there a review_order.php?

With Jigoshop 1.4.9, I cannot recreate your last screenshot. If you do find one, move it out of there temporarily and test it then.

8. 9 Posted by seannevo on 08 Jan, 2013 03:26 AM

Thank Jeff. I have re-enabled tax calculation.
    The only review_order.php file I could find was in plugins/Jigoshop/templates/checkout but none in the theme's jigoshop folder. I have also noticed that if I checkout with Victoria as my state for shipping purposes then the total is fine, but when I change the state to any of the other Australian states the total showing is wrong again. Please note that my base country/region is set as Australia-Victoria.

9. Support Staff 10 Posted by Jeff on 08 Jan, 2013 11:56 AM

Ok, but just so I'm clear ... you did find a 'jigoshop' folder within your theme?

Inside this there would be a 'checkout' folder. Did you look in there?

The review_order.php you did find should be there. This is the one that is used if none is present in your theme.

Noted on the base state taxes working as it should. It might be useful to see a screenshot of your taxes as you have them set on the Tax tab in the settings?

10. 11 Posted by seannevo on 09 Jan, 2013 04:12 AM

I'm using Jetbird theme for jigoshop, but no there is no jigshop folder or review_order.php file within my theme. I have attached screenshot of the tax tab settings. Thank you.

11. Support Staff 12 Posted by Jeff on 09 Jan, 2013 08:32 AM

Ok, as an update ... I've been able to replicate this with your settings. We were going to release Jigoshop 1.5 in the next day or so, but we'll hold up that release until we have this sorted.

Certainly for now, disable the taxes and thanks for the heads up in tracking it down.

12. Support Staff 13 Posted by Jeff on 09 Jan, 2013 08:45 AM

I might add, this is specifically the setting 'Catalog prices include tax'. Between Jigoshop 1.4.5 and 1.4.9 there have been a number of changes involving this setting as it has been quite problematic. We thought we had them all covered, but one more to ferret out it seems.

13. 14 Posted by seannevo on 09 Jan, 2013 09:06 AM

Thank you for your help Jeff. Looking forward to 1.5

14. Support Staff 15 Posted by Jeff on 11 Jan, 2013 03:55 PM

I think this is good, but just in case store the file:

jigoshop/classes/jigoshop_cart.class.php

... somewhere where you can put it back if needed, and install the following file I've enclosed into that folder.

I need to thoroughly test these with coupons before and after taxes, all with the setting on the Tax tab 'Catalog prices include tax' ... but this just might do it.

Let me know when you get a chance.

15. 16 Posted by seannevo on 11 Jan, 2013 11:40 PM

I performed a quick test with your file and so far so good. I will let you know if any issues once I do more testing on my site. Thanks again for your help.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help or Preview

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.