Jigoshop Front End Coupon Code

Andrea

25 Oct, 2012 06:07 PM

Hello,
I'm having issues with my front end coupon code. When I make a new coupon in Jigoshop, it looks like the front end code grabs what your coupon title says....however, my coupon title is all UPPERCASE and my front end coupon code is lowercase. I really need the front end coupon code to be uppercase but I don't see where you can change this. Can anyone help me?

1. Support Staff 2 Posted by Michael on 25 Oct, 2012 07:50 PM

can you provide screenshots of this? I'm not exactly following what you mean.

i think it's been changed to all lowercase so that coupons aren't case sensitive though.

2. 3 Posted by Andrea on 25 Oct, 2012 07:59 PM

Here is a screen shot of what i'm talking about...what have the coupon title "THANKS15" but the coupon code is "thanks15" when customers try to use "THANKS15" they can't. And I need to know if there is a way we can get this changed the where they can use uppercase letters. thanks!

3. 4 Posted by Andrea on 25 Oct, 2012 08:13 PM

just in case you didn't get me screen shot, here it is again!

4. 5 Posted by dickeybub on 25 Oct, 2012 08:15 PM

Here are a couple more screen shots of the problem.
    Thanks!

5. Support Staff 6 Posted by Michael on 25 Oct, 2012 08:19 PM

ok, thanks. that will potentially be an issue i see...especially if we don't make sure what the user enters in the coupon code box on checkout or cart is not converted to lower case..

i'll look into this..thanks for the report

6. 7 Posted by caravanshoppe on 26 Oct, 2012 12:07 AM

I am having a problem with coupons too. Occasionally I will roll out coupons for a discount (for my digital downloads shop) and it randomly processes the order without making people pay. This only happens when I have a coupon in, and is obviously super frustrating. Any thoughts Michael for what would make them not have to pay?

7. Support Staff 8 Posted by Michael on 26 Oct, 2012 12:47 AM

i'm going to log this into our bug tracking software. I'm not the original author of the coupons, and I know the guy that's currently working on it. I'll let him know.

@Melanie, that doesn't sound good. But to help us further, can you explain what type of coupons you'll create when this scenario occurs?

thanks

8. 9 Posted by caravanshoppe on 26 Oct, 2012 12:58 AM

Thank you Michael!

The coupon problem we are having, is that they apply the code, the code
    works, and then they click proceed to checkout, and they get a scrolling
    wheel, paypal disappears, and they get a complete order button. When they
    push that button, they get the files for nothing. (it never takes them to
    the paypal window)

We have tried both percentage off cart, as well as dollar off cart. We have
    also tried using "paypal" as a payment method in the coupon section, but
    when we do that, it won't accept the coupon at all.

We have also tried under payment settings to click "force payment when
    free" and even with that enabled, it started charging everyone one extra
    penny for any product.

The coupon has worked sometimes, we have tried with various amounts, and
    some amounts have worked and then later stopped working. Universally,
    anytime we tested it with 95% or 98% off it has skipped payment.

We have also tested, and it does not seem that it is the small dollar
    amount that is causing it, we have tried it with $50 in the cart, and
    payment still skipped.

Thank you for your response.

Please feel free to call (801-850-7671)

9. Support Staff 10 Posted by Michael on 26 Oct, 2012 01:44 AM

ok, also to help, can you create a screenshot of a typical coupon settings you may have that will create these issues?

thanks

10. 11 Posted by caravanshoppe on 26 Oct, 2012 03:18 AM

Here is the screenshot of what I am seeing and filling in. We are keeping it pretty basic, but still seem to be experiencing problems.

11. Support Staff 12 Posted by chriscct7 on 26 Oct, 2012 09:23 AM

it started charging everyone one extra penny for any product.

Are you charging tax?

Can you give us a URL to a dummy downloadable product, maybe a blank text files, and some coupons ranging in value between 95 and 100% off. Turn the force payment off.

-Chris

12. 13 Posted by Katie on 31 Oct, 2012 09:58 PM

btw, I have had a similar problem. If my coupon is added in uppercase, it will only work and give the discount at checkout if it is in lowercase. But it does work in this case.

13. 14 Posted by Patrick M on 06 Nov, 2012 05:04 PM

I am also having problems with coupons. The function worked fine a couple months ago, but yesterday when I tried to add a new coupon, it didn't work.

I noticed that others users screenshots show that the coupon code is visible in the Coupon Data section, where mine is not. (See screen shot).

When I try to use the coupon code, I get "invalid coupon code" message.

Other notes: (1) When I click on "preview changes" I get a 404 error message (page not found). (2) When I view the "coupons" page, I can see my coupon on the list. (see other screen shot)

Anyone have any advice? Overcome similar problem? I'm especially puzzled because it worked fine in the past.

14. Support Staff 15 Posted by chriscct7 on 06 Nov, 2012 05:16 PM

Does it work if it is added without caps in the name, ie 25off?

-Chris

15. 16 Posted by Patrick M on 06 Nov, 2012 05:40 PM

No. It doesn't work no matter what type of code I enter...caps, no caps, all numbers, etc.

16. Support Staff 17 Posted by Michael on 06 Nov, 2012 06:20 PM

it's not visible because that's a recent change... I'm just wondering though, do you have calculate taxes turned off in your settings?

17. 18 Posted by Patrick M on 06 Nov, 2012 06:41 PM

@Michael after you asked me that question, I went back and checked/unchecked the calculate taxes box, as well as the "add tax after coupon" box. I tried all combinations of on/off of the two boxes. Still not working :-(

18. Support Staff 19 Posted by Michael on 06 Nov, 2012 06:44 PM

no, i was just wondering because coupons will not work without the tax setting turned on..

thanks

19. 20 Posted by dickeybub on 06 Nov, 2012 10:32 PM

Any progress with the ALL CAPS and lower caps problem?

20. 21 Posted by patrick M on 06 Nov, 2012 11:59 PM

Ok, so here's a strange development. I just discovered that when I create a coupon that applies a discount (%) to the WHOLE CART, the coupon will work. But when I create a coupon that applies to only ONE PRODUCT, the coupon does not work.

Some of you on here that are experiencing problems with coupons may want to experiment with different types of coupons as I have.

If anyone has thoughts about how to fix my "bug" I'd appreciate it.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help or Preview

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.