Please refer to TemplateMonster Support for any issues surrounding TemplateMonster/TemplateTuning Themes – thanks, Jigoshop Team

Broken Category links

seannevo

16 May, 2013 06:15 AM

I haven't made any changes or updates, but all of a sudden all my categories have broken links, for example I had my categories as http://cheapoz.com.au/shop/product-category/bulk-buy/ but they all point to page not found now. This meant that all my menus and google links etc' do not work anymore. I have temporarily changed the categories to custom links as a http://cheapoz.com.au/?product_cat=bulk-buy. What am I doing wrong??
Can someone make some sense out of all this please?

1. 2 Posted by optart on 16 May, 2013 07:00 AM

Check your settings under settings/permalinks

2. 3 Posted by seannevo on 16 May, 2013 08:30 AM

Thanks optart, that was the first thing I looked at. I've always had all three options checked and haven't touched them since setting up my website. I tried unchecking and re-checking the options but the links from google still point to page not found. For example I've got a category that was indexed on google as http://cheapoz.com.au/shop/product-category/care-line/ but now it points to page not found. if I take the base page /shop/ out it works fine, how do I go back to the same settings I've had the permalinks at all this time up to now?

3. 4 Posted by Thorworx on 19 May, 2013 04:53 PM

Same thing happened to me after upgrading to 1.6.5, on 17 May.

All product category AND product tag links are broken.
    Tried re-setting options, updating permalinks, etc.
    Removing shop base page from URL does not work for me.

Shop by brand and shop by category widgets rely on the permalinks so there is essentially NO store navigation, except by the shop page.

Breadcrumb links are also returning 404s

4. 5 Posted by seannevo on 20 May, 2013 01:35 AM

Thorworx have you tried reverting back to an older version? I'm going to revert to 1.6.1 and see if it makes any difference. By the way what theme are you on?

5. 6 Posted by Thorworx on 20 May, 2013 10:27 AM

seannevo,
    I'm going to try to avoid reverting to a previous version if I can...

This definitely seems like a permalink issue. I think I've got it fixed. Here's what I did:

1) set the permalinks to default in Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks

2) In Jigoshop > Settings > Shop:
    2a) Uncheck ALL boxes in permalink section ("Prepend shop...")
    2b) Remove "product-category" and "product-tag" from the "Product category slug" and "Product tag slug" boxes and save Shop settings.
    3) Go back to Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks and set back to Post name and save settings.

I use Suffusion theme for all my sites.

6. 7 Posted by seannevo on 21 May, 2013 05:37 AM

Thank you Thorworx, so did you leave the all the boxes unchecked after changing back to post name?
    I tried that but still get broken links, at the moment i've got the Prepend product... boxes checked but left the Prepend shop unchecked. Doesn't matter what I do, I either get my internal links broken or the external links broken, can't bloody win.

7. 8 Posted by Alba on 26 May, 2013 07:21 PM

Hey,

Same to me. If I uncheck all the boxes, 404 errors are solved, but I need these options checked.

We've found a way to solve it temporary. Putting a slash "/" in the "Product category slug" setting solves the 404 error, but you can't set your custom slug.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.