Please refer to TemplateMonster Support for any issues surrounding TemplateMonster/TemplateTuning Themes – thanks, Jigoshop Team

problem with firefox and add to cart button

stu

01 May, 2013 04:37 PM

I have just encountered a problem with my site and firefox. On IE all works fine with message and option to view cart if you click add to cart button.
But on Firefox no message appears and if you click the add to cart button again you get this message:

Fatal error: jigoshop_cart::calculate_cart_total() [<a href='jigoshop-cart.calculate-cart-total'>jigoshop-cart.calculate-cart-total</a>]: The script tried to execute a method or access a property of an incomplete object. Please ensure that the class definition "jigoshop_product" of the object you are trying to operate on was loaded _before_ unserialize() gets called or provide a __autoload() function to load the class definition in /home/lovey530/public_html/wp-content/plugins/jigoshop/classes/jigoshop_cart.class.php on line 499
ANy help would be much appretiated as I have no idea what is wrong!

1. Support Staff 2 Posted by ivica on 01 May, 2013 04:51 PM

Hi Stu, check this KB article link - I hope this will help you:

http://forum.jigoshop.com/kb/faq/fatal-error-add-to-cart-calculate-cart-total-autoload-incomplete-object-unserialize-jigoshop_product

2. 3 Posted by stu on 01 May, 2013 05:13 PM

Also just tested chrome, firefox and safari and getting the same problem, seems like only IE is ok. Will check out article, thanks for quick reply

3. 4 Posted by stu on 01 May, 2013 05:25 PM

Thats a pain, just read the article. I have a lot of plugins installed and the site is live. Would it be better to start looking in the plugin files and then try deactivating that one if I find something. Any ideas as to the common culprits? Also how come it works ok with IE if it is the start session() problem

4. Support Staff 5 Posted by ivica on 01 May, 2013 05:31 PM

If possible, try to replicate (clone) your production site to test
    environment and there you try to test it - it is not advised to do it on
    the production site, especially not without whole web site backup.

5. 6 Posted by stu on 01 May, 2013 05:37 PM

just looked at your list of uncompatible pluggins. The only one of thos I have is Jetpack. I have the latest release. Is it still known to cause problems?

6. Support Staff 7 Posted by ivica on 01 May, 2013 05:39 PM

Yes...

7. 8 Posted by stu on 01 May, 2013 06:18 PM

just looked at the plugins again jetpack is installed but not activated

8. 9 Posted by stu on 01 May, 2013 06:19 PM

thanks for your help so far. Ok so I started looking in the php files and by luck I started with the pluggins starting with 'A' and I found the session_start() in AlphaOmega Captcha & Anti-Spam Filter. I have disabled that plugin and no longer get the crash when the add to cart button is pressed but also don't get the view cart message. DOes that mean there could be other plugins conflicking or is this a different problem?

9. Support Staff 10 Posted by ivica on 01 May, 2013 06:22 PM

I wouldn't know, sorry, the full testing should be performed to be more
    sure...

10. 11 Posted by stu on 02 May, 2013 04:54 PM

For your info had w3 total cache installed, deactivated it and all works again.
    Thanks for your help with this

11. Support Staff 12 Posted by ivica on 03 May, 2013 03:28 PM

Superb! Glad you found the issue :-)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.