Please refer to TemplateMonster Support for any issues surrounding TemplateMonster/TemplateTuning Themes – thanks, Jigoshop Team

Give Jigoshop Feedback Live (Tuesday April 30th): Sign up Now!

VAT Settings

amcoms

26 Apr, 2013 11:17 AM

I must be missing something really simple, the vat has been set to yes but there isn't anywhere to stipulate the vat amount?

1. Support Staff 2 Posted by chriscct7 on 27 Apr, 2013 01:14 AM

The tax tab of settings?

2. 3 Posted by A on 27 Apr, 2013 06:19 AM

I should have explained this to avoid a reply like this. I have extensive knowledge of Wordpress and Plugins and Bespoke Devlopment And setting up ecommerce platforms from Ubercart to Oscommerce to Zencart. The basic settings for JigoShop are not difficult to setup, so having gone through the settings 'TABS' and explored the vat settinsg there is nothing to add anywhere.

There is a rule that can be added but this only adds a descriptive. The basic rate must be somewhere to add to the system but it's nowhere in the settings for setup including the tab in settings

3. 4 Posted by amcoms on 27 Apr, 2013 06:20 AM

I should have explained this to avoid a reply like this. I have extensive knowledge of Wordpress and Plugins and Bespoke Devlopment And setting up ecommerce platforms from Ubercart to Oscommerce to Zencart. The basic settings for JigoShop are not difficult to setup, so having gone through the settings 'TABS' and explored the vat settinsg there is nothing to add anywhere.

There is a rule that can be added but this only adds a descriptive. The basic rate must be somewhere to add to the system but it's nowhere in the settings for setup including the tab tax /vat

4. Support Staff 5 Posted by chriscct7 on 27 Apr, 2013 01:38 PM

I guess I'm not understanding your question. Anything having to do with Taxes in Jigoshop is done on that page, from the settings for it, to adding tax rules.

-Chirs

5. 6 Posted by amcoms on 27 Apr, 2013 01:55 PM

there are no fields for adding a base rate, if I add a tax rule it does nothing, that is it does not add to products and does not add to the checkout, there is no tax added because it does not know how much tax to add

6. Support Staff 7 Posted by chriscct7 on 27 Apr, 2013 01:58 PM

What version of Jigoshop are you on? When you make a new rule, you tell it what percent you want the tax to be. Jigoshop takes care of the rest. Can you take a screenshot of your tax settings page?

7. 8 Posted by amcoms on 27 Apr, 2013 02:00 PM

screen shot of the tx tab, I can only think that something is added in the big text box but how in what formatt if that is how to do it, i have tried adding a rule it does nothing

8. 9 Posted by amcoms on 27 Apr, 2013 02:01 PM

does the version make a difference? You mean if it's a version prior to version X the tax tab didn't work?! what version works?

9. Support Staff 10 Posted by chriscct7 on 27 Apr, 2013 02:53 PM

Not at all.
    Did you click on "add tax rule"? Thats where the tax rules go and are set
    up.

10. 11 Posted by amcoms on 27 Apr, 2013 03:10 PM

I have tried everything and no tax gets added, appreciate you taking the time to reply

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help or Preview

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.