Please refer to TemplateMonster Support for any issues surrounding TemplateMonster/TemplateTuning Themes – thanks, Jigoshop Team

Additional Checkout-Pay Page Not Required

damonjameel

08 Apr, 2013 04:13 PM

I have recently updated to the latest Jigoshop. Before the update, when a customer clicked on the 'Place Order' button from the checkout page, they would be redirected to PayPal and then could make payment. Since the update however there is a new process that has been added. Now when the customer clicks on the 'Place Order' button from the checkout page, they are taken to another Checkout-Pay page before then clicking on 'Place Order with PayPal' button. It is an additional step that we could really do with out. Customers are fragile creatures at the best of times. Adding a new chance for them to bail out of an order is not great. Is there any way that we can bypass this new step?

1. 2 Posted by paulrollings on 08 Apr, 2013 06:13 PM

Yes I agree this extra step does seem to be confusing, would much rather they went directly to Paypal.

2. Support Staff 3 Posted by chriscct7 on 08 Apr, 2013 09:45 PM

Hi there,
    Not sure what "new feature" you're referring to. Jigoshop has always had that redirect, since it's inception. Its a required pass-through for technical reasons.

-Chris

3. Support Staff 4 Posted by Jeff on 08 Apr, 2013 11:37 PM

And just to add to that ... nothing has been changed and the Pay page still redirects to PayPal. For me at least.

4. 5 Posted by damonjameel on 09 Apr, 2013 09:08 AM

Yes, the Pay page does redirect to paypal absolutely fine. As i said above though, all of a sudden i have this additional step that was not there before. Clicking on the 'Place Order' button used to be enough to redirect seamlessly to Paypal. Now, clicking on the 'Place Order' button takes you to another page within Jigoshop & you then have to click 'Place order with PayPal'. It is a new step that i did not see. Is there any way to get around this?

5. Support Staff 6 Posted by Jeff on 09 Apr, 2013 11:34 AM

And as I've said ... nothing has been changed in this regard. So let me clarify though:

I do not have to do anything other than click 'Place Order' on the Checkout.

As to why your's might be doing this all of a sudden ... not really sure. How long has it been since you upgraded? What version did you upgrade from?

6. 7 Posted by damonjameel on 09 Apr, 2013 12:38 PM

Hi Jeff - Thanks for coming back to me once again. With regards to your questions:

I upgraded yesterday from 1.44.

Have a look at these screen grabs. Before, a customer simply clicked on 'Place Order' button as seen on 'screen1.gif' but now when they click on 'Place Order' button they are presented with the new page as per 'screen2.gif'. It all still works fine but i'd really like to minimise the steps in checking out and i'd prefer to bypass this new page that my customers are now seeing.

7. Support Staff 8 Posted by Jeff on 09 Apr, 2013 12:44 PM

Are your customers complaining of this? Or is this just your experience?

Put another way ... since that is a long time between updates ... have you cleared your browser cache?

You should provide a URL and I can take a quick look.

8. 9 Posted by damonjameel on 09 Apr, 2013 12:58 PM

No complaints yet Jeff but i'm just trying to preempt it. Customers are fickle.

The url is www.subseventy.co.uk/shop/

Thank you

9. Support Staff 10 Posted by Jeff on 09 Apr, 2013 01:17 PM

Yes, they are, no doubt.

Your Pay page has the following javascript errors in the browser console:

http://d.pr/i/e3Pm

And I expect your theme is loading older versions of very important libraries such as jQuery and jQuery UI. Jigoshop uses the included version in WordPress, but theme's and plugins can alter this.

This is the version of jQuery on your site:

http://d.pr/i/SSwl

And the absolute minimum required now for Jigoshop is 1.7. The default version included with WordPress 3.5 is 1.8.3

It's probably the theme, but it could be a plugin ... but you will need to get it updated as that version of jQuery is unacceptable.

10. Support Staff 11 Posted by Jeff on 09 Apr, 2013 01:24 PM

By the way ... you'll see and Order from me in the Admin which you can delete. :-)

11. 12 Posted by damonjameel on 09 Apr, 2013 01:42 PM

Is that easy to do Jeff? Again, appreicate your help.

12. 13 Posted by damonjameel on 09 Apr, 2013 01:55 PM

I've done it Jeff. It was exactly as you said. I needed to update the JQuery on my theme. All now functioning perfectly. Thank you very much

13. Support Staff 14 Posted by Jeff on 09 Apr, 2013 02:05 PM

Excellent. Glad to hear it. :-)

14. 15 Posted by gworthey on 28 Apr, 2013 09:59 PM

Hi damonjameel, I'm having the same issue. How did you update Jquery?

15. 16 Posted by damonjameel on 29 Apr, 2013 03:30 PM

You need to edit your theme functions.php. I edited these lines:

wp_enqueue_script('jquery', 'https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.2/jquery.min.js');
    wp_enqueue_script('jquery-ui', 'https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jqueryui/1.8.24/jquery-ui.min...;, 'jquery');

Hope that helps

16. Support Staff 17 Posted by Jeff on 29 Apr, 2013 04:15 PM

You will see it in a variety of ways in the various theme's functions.php.

wp_deregister_script( 'jquery' );
        wp_register_script( 'jquery', 'http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.6.1/jquery.min.js', false, '1.6.1', true );
        wp_enqueue_script( 'jquery' );

What you really want to do is remove any theme attempts of deregister and reregister of 'jquery'. Use the WordPress bundled version that is currently 1.8.3 in WP 3.5 instead.

So in this example I would cut out the first 2 lines and leave the last one:

wp_enqueue_script( 'jquery' );

If you have this all by itself with no links into the 'googleapis' then the WP bundled version of jQuery is used.

Same thing for:

wp_enqueue_script( 'jquery-ui' );

... for the UI library.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.