Please refer to TemplateMonster Support for any issues surrounding TemplateMonster/TemplateTuning Themes – thanks, Jigoshop Team

Jigoshop 1.2 Beta 1

Jigoshop

11 Apr, 2012 03:33 PM

After a bit of a late lunch, here’s the first beta release of Jigoshop 1.2. It’s packed full of new ideas & fixes so be sure to check out the change log for the low down on whats new.

As always please be aware that this is a developer release & so there may be a few kinks to iron out. If any of you do find a bug please report it over here.

Without further ado, download Jigoshop 1.2 beta 1

1. 2 Posted by ricgroup on 13 Apr, 2012 01:40 AM

Hi Jigoshop group,I just installed jigoshop 1.2 beta and immediately I found that my category links are broken. I am using wp_list_categories to get category list. The story is , once I try to go to the second level, it gives url like http://mydomain/product-category/category1/category2/ which is invalid, it should only have http://mydomain/product-category/category2/. (category1 is parent of category2). is there any fix for this ? thanks.

2. Support Staff 3 Posted by Dan Thornton on 14 Apr, 2012 01:57 AM

Hi ricgroup,
    Thanks for alerting us to this and we’re looking into it. Dan

3. 4 Posted by Mikhail on 17 Apr, 2012 06:35 AM

jigoshop 1.2 beta 1 not working at sommerce wordpress theme 2.1.1. – product page is curve

4. Support Staff 5 Posted by Dan Thornton on 17 Apr, 2012 08:34 AM

Hi @Mikhail,
    As Sommerce is a third party theme, all we can really do is alert the theme designer, which is Mascara Designs, and if you’re a paying user, if you post on the Sommerce support forums – we’ve spoken with Mascara Designs in the past, and we’re always happy to try and work with all the theme providers to make sure they continue to be compatible, but obviously we don’t have access to their themes to make any changes! Dan

5. 6 Posted by Deana on 17 Apr, 2012 03:09 PM

Hi, Dan, is there any release date for a stable version? I ask becasue we are getting set to release a clients site using somemrce/jigoshop but we need the rename of the product-category to be working and we want to ensure its working with sommerce.

Thanks

Deana

6. Support Staff 7 Posted by Dan Thornton on 17 Apr, 2012 03:12 PM

Hi @Deana,

We’d generally aim for between 3-4 weeks of beta testing to allow time for fixes to roll out etc, depending on how big the issues discovered might be.

Obviously we can’t guarantee Sommerce will be updated by the developer (Although we’d hope they’ll continue to support Jigoshop with so many clients), but we’ll be keeping an eye on all the themes, and obviously the official ones will always be updated: https://jigoshop.com/product-category/themes/

If I get a reply from Mascara Designs, I’ll share it asap.

Dan

7. 8 Posted by Deana on 17 Apr, 2012 07:39 PM

Hi Dan
    Thanks for the reply. 304 weeks is quite a while. Is there any possibility that you might release a module (or mini upgrade) so that we can get the fix for renaming the categories?

Kind regards
    Deana

8. 9 Posted by Dan Thornton on 17 Apr, 2012 07:58 PM

Hi Deana,
    We’ll be releasing fixes etc to the 1.2 beta release during that period to allow us to test that they definitely solve issues and don’t create any new ones, so the fix is likely to arrive a lot sooner. The 3-4 weeks will be to have the official, stable 1.2 release ready to be distributed as an upgrade for all Jigoshop users, but if you follow the developer release, it’ll already be pretty much installed. Dan

9. 10 Posted by Deana on 17 Apr, 2012 08:20 PM

Thanks Dan and I will certainly follow the release.
    Cheers

Deana

10. 11 Posted by Vince on 20 Apr, 2012 03:35 PM

Will the beta be upgradable to final?

11. 12 Posted by Shmoo on 20 Apr, 2012 10:43 PM

Cool i have been playing around with Jigoshop Beta 1.2 for 2 days now and have found two Glitches.

#1 ) Same as @ricgroup categories (parent) are broken. 404 Error.

#2 ) While making a simple text link inside the WYSIWYG editor.
    Looks like this screen @TinyPic

12. 13 Posted by Martin on 28 Apr, 2012 12:05 AM

Is there any chance you could test the beta from a server/domain with SSL?

As I have (and there are others) who have issues of “hanging” on the Checkout page that appears to be issues of the Ajax script/code on the form fields which the SSL is choking on.

Thanks

13. 14 Posted by Matt on 04 May, 2012 06:14 PM

Yes the beta is upgradable to final, @Vince

Martin, I’ve tested on SSL and everything is all okay. I suggest checking in Chrome, hitting F12, clicking Console, then attempting checkout. See what errors are presented.

14. Support Staff 15 Posted by ivica on 06 May, 2012 07:31 PM

To consider adding in “System Info” additional information on user’s browser type and version.

15. 16 Posted by Vincent on 14 Jun, 2012 07:57 AM

Hi, is there a way to change teh button ont eh product page that says: ‘Buy product’ to a different text. I tried asking in the forum and nobody seems to know.

I only want to change it for the affiliate button instead of ‘Buy product’ it will say: ‘More info’ which makes mroe sense for affiliate sales.

Thanks

16. Support Staff 17 Posted by ivica on 14 Jun, 2012 08:49 AM

Hi, you can do it through translation:

http://forum.jigoshop.com/kb/customize-jigoshop/languages

17. 18 Posted by Vincent on 14 Jun, 2012 09:08 AM

I never said anything about a translation! That was the problem with your last answer in the other forum it was completely different to what was asked.

Is there anyone else who might have the answer to this?

Thanks

18. 19 Posted by Matt on 14 Jun, 2012 12:24 PM

What Ivica said was accurate, use translation files to change any Jigoshop text you’d like. Follow the guide Ivica linked you to.

19. 20 Posted by Vincent on 14 Jun, 2012 12:40 PM

Apologies to you Ivnica, I was not understanding your original reply. Are you saying then that the text of the button can be changed via this method?

20. Support Staff 21 Posted by ivica on 14 Jun, 2012 12:42 PM

Yes, it can be changed in that way, as Matt confirmed.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don’t have an account yet, we need to confirm you’re human and not a machine trying to post spam.