Jigoshop 1.4 is now available and it’s an important update to check out. In addition to a number of fixes and tweaks, it also includes some changes to enable new and improved extensions for the future, including the great new Premium Shipping extension.
New Premium Shipping:
The new Premium Shipping extension is the result of a lot of hard work, based on the feedback and requests from our existing Table Rate Shipping option (If you wish to continue using Table Rate Shipping, please ensure you’re running the latest version to be compatible with Jigoshop 1.4).
It extends Jigoshop to include shipping options including Flat Rate, Price Rate, Weight Rate and Number of Items Rate. Multiple rules can be applied, to allow customers to choose from the given options on the cart page.
You can also create and name user-defined rules for shipping, for example ‘Rush’, ‘Next Day’ ‘Expedited’ ‘Ground’ or whatever your customers will prefer.
And then there’s the international and country rules. Firstly you can translate every word within the plugin to your desired language by adding .mo and .po files into the install folder. And then set the rules by Country, Country and State, Zip Code, Zip Code Ranging.
Other settings include Method Title, if you want to name which service you use for shipping to inspire more confidence from your customers, tax status, and handling fees.
That means you can create more flexible and dynamic shipping price options which meet the exact needs of your business and customers. Pretty comprehensive, we think you’ll agree, and worth upgrading for!
Jigoshop 1.4 details:
Jigoshop 1.4 is required for Premium Shipping to function, and will also be required for some of our forthcoming extension releases. In addition, the new version of Table Rate Shipping will also be released for Jigoshop 1.4.
In addition there are a number of fixes, which are related to minor tax fixes. We’ve also decided increase the functionality and features for DIBS online payments, and as a result, it has now been removed from the core download to become a separate extension which will be released very soon. That way we can provide a better service for those using DIBS, and reduce the code base slightly to speed up future developments both of the core download and the DIBS extension.
The release notes are:
= 1.4 – 2012-27-09 =
* New: Additions to Core Shipping for new Premium Shipping extension available with release of Jigoshop 1.4
* Tweak: The DIBS payment gateway has been removed from the Jigoshop core. It is updated with a number of enhancements and freely available as a separate plugin. https://github.com/bazooka/jigoshop-dibs
* Tweak: Table Rates Shipping extension will require an update to be compatible with Jigoshop 1.4. Download from your account and install first.
* Fix: Cart and Checkout out of base state tax calcs now work for ‘catalog prices include tax’
* Fix: Allow product sale prices to use percentages instead of numbers only
* Fix: Checkout ‘shipping address’ showing HTML code on certain sites resolved
* Fix: Add customization to PayPal gateway for extension Jigoshop Product Addons – additional costs per product now shown to PayPal
* Fix: Tax classes are now saved with tax rules
* Fix: Tax charged to customers outside of tax country
* Fix: Tax calculations not working on configurations with price including tax, catalogue includes tax
Before installing any upgrades, we strongly urge you to backup your existing install, and where possible, to upgrade using a test site first which mirrors your live storefront. Although we test thoroughly and strive for 100% reliability, this isn’t possibly to guarantee due to the massive number of variations in hosting, installation, extensions and configuration options.
If you do encounter any issues with upgrading, we offer dedicated Support services, starting with a Monthly Support Subscription for just $29.
You can also check out the Jigoshop Community Forum to connect with other Jigoshop users and share advice, tips and problem solving – please note that this is a free and unsupported service, so we cannot guarantee a response from members of the Jigoshop team.
Finally, we do work closely with all the third party designers and developers who offer products for Jigoshop. We alert them to issues and work together on solutions, but cannot guarantee the performance of third party products.