The long-awaited Jigoshop V1.0 has been built, tested and released with a number of improvements to speed up running your WordPress eCommerce shop and make your life easier.
So if you haven’t already tried Jigoshop, now is the time to join 45,000+ others, and download V1.0 for free to see how cool running your own online store can be
And if you’re an existing Jigoshop user, you’ve probably already had an alert to upgrade in your WordPress dashboard, and you’ll have already noticed some significant changes. But just in case you missed some, we’ve compiled the list of the major differences.
New Products, Tax and Shipping Sections:
We’ve taken time to tear down and rebuild the Products, Tax and Shipping sections from the ground up. This means we’ve been not only able to make them more stable and efficient, but also more flexible for future developments.
Hopefully you’ll have seen the massive change to the user interface for Products, allowing much more product information to be displayed on one screen – essential for stores with larger inventories. In addition to contextual help, you can also search all your products by ID and SKU, order by date, and use product IDs to search through orders.
And there’s more…
Products can also now have multiple tax classes, and taxes can apply to shipping or compound tax (retail plus shipping). We’ve also made the shipping class even more accurate and it also supports some distribution APIs.
Product Variations can now include virtual and downloadable options, your downloads now support external storage resources, and you can upload them via the standard Windows Media Uploader. Plus you can now mass-edit and remove variations to save time updating masses of items.
A number of other smaller issues have now been solved, and we’ve ramped up the Security levels of Jigoshop with our own improvements and by working with WordPress Lead Developer Mark Jaquith.
We’ve also halved the query time in the admin section which should help to make things faster depending on your server, so combined with the changes to the user interface and bulk editing, using Jigoshop to manage your inventory should be quicker and easier than ever.
Jigoshop V1.0 Changelog:
- Redesigned Products UI
- added new feature for downloadable products: external URL or internal downloads
- added new widget Jigoshop Login
- added new widget Recently Viewed products
- added new widget Recently Reviewed products
- added new widget Best Selling products
- added new widget Top Rated products
- added new shortcode Add to Cart Button
- added new shortcode Add to Cart URL
- added new dimension options to products (Length / Width / Height)
- added Admin Product List display products by Category
- added currency symbols for all countries
- added a couple new currencies
- added Romanian and Croatian translations
- added multi-lingual functionality with the WordPress WPML plugin
- fixed cyrillic characters & accents in attribute / variation names
- fixed fancybox overlay
- fixed users creating a new account now only if WP registration is allowed
- fixed several 404 Jigoshop links
- fixed My Account page not showing Address 2
- added calculable shipping so that services such as FedEx, UPS, etc. can be plugged in
- added brand new tax features including
- multi-tax classes can be specified on product (good for Canadian, US tax laws)
- ability to define tax label for view
- shows tax percentage in view
- minor bug fixes