There are three new extensions now available for Jigoshop, plus a great new theme featuring a clean and modern design for any business. Two new payment gateways include the popular Braintree payment service and the marketing-leading PayU Romania, plus you can save time and money by bulk editing your product variations.
Adding to the suite of payment gateways for PayU territories is this extension, which integrates the Romanian market-leading payment provider. It joins PayU Ukraine, Russi, Czech Republic and Poland, and means that you can quickly and easily sell to Romanian customers. Check out PayU Romania.
Save time and resource by mass editing your product variation prices. You have the choice to set specific prices for each variation, or to bulk update all variations via a percentage. Cut the time it takes to keep your prices current with Bulk Update Variations.
Argo is a great new theme for Jigoshop which is clean, modern and fully responsive, so it looks great on any device. Using HTML5 and CSS3 it’s perfect for a range of shops and businesses, and comes complete with 40 template pages and a host of features. Make use of various full screen options for maps and videos, sliders and slideshows, and customise the colours, background image and fonts. Check out the new Argo theme, now!
There’s a huge amount going on at Jigoshop at the moment. You could win an iPad Mini by answering our 5-minute survey, we’ve released Jigoshop 1.7, and there’s still a range of new extensions out this week to customise your store. There are more payment gateways than ever to choose from, some useful selling tools, and a great way to display your products with a Pinterest-style infinite scrolling wall of images.
This extension is aptly-named, as you can set a minimum amount for orders by your customers. Either set a minimum product quantity, or a minimum financial amount, for purchases to be completed. Alternatively, you can also set a maximum amount or value if you need to limit purchases for whatever reason. Check out Minimum Orders now.
Want to make it easier for customers to buy in bulk? Particularly useful for wholesale and retailers to business – the Buy Selected extension allows bulk purchases to be made from product list pages. That’s great when a repeat customer wants to place a big order without having to visit every single product page! Check out Buy Selected.
The Ajax Content Browser is a cool new way to display products and other media (blog posts, videos etc), as a Pinterest-style wall which can cope with infinite scrolling. Given the huge popularity of that type of design, it will give a design lift to any store, and in addition to Jigoshop-integration, it also accommodates media from Flickr, Youtube and Vimeo. Check out Ajax Content Browser.
Jigoshop 1.7 now includes FuturePay payments integrated into the core program alongside PayPal Standard. But if you wish to remain on Jigoshop version 1.6 or prior – you can use our free FuturePay payment gateway to still benefit from their services.
We also have a free Skrill payment gateway, alongside the native gateways for PayU Russia and PayU Ukraine. Both PayU Poland and PayU Czech Republic are already available for Jigoshop.
Please note that the FuturePay extension is not required from Jigoshop 1.7 onwards as the same functionality is built into the Jigoshop core.
And don’t forget to help shape the future of Jigoshop – and win an iPad Mini – with our quick 5-minute Jigoshop survey.
One of the biggest challenges for any online store is establishing trust with your customers. Whether you’re a new or established business, it can sometimes be hard to convince potential buyers that they can safely use their credit and debit cards to make a purchase on the internet. That’s why we’re pleased to announce FuturePay payment services are now part of the core Jigoshop download.
FuturePay solves the trust issue by allowing customers to quickly sign up for an account with a $500 credit limit which they can then use to shop in any store offering it as a payment option.
Not only that, but it also makes shopping much easier as customers only need to supply their FuturePay username and password to complete their order. That makes it easier to spend money with you, particularly using mobile or tablet devices. Customers and merchants both benefit from FuturePay’s PCI compliant security and fraud prevention tools.
And as a merchant, FuturePay doesn’t charge any set-up or monthly fees, with just a small transaction fee. You’ll be able to monitor account, sales and payment information, with earnings wired or deposited into your merchant banking account.
You can download Jigoshop now or update your existing installation to gain access to FuturePay (You’ll be prompted to sign up for a FuturePay account if you don’t already have one). For anyone preferring to stick with an older version of Jigoshop, we also have a standalone extension if required.
Please note that FuturePay is available to be used by any merchant and store – but only customers residing in the U.S can currently make purchases via FuturePay.
Download Jigoshop 1.7 now to benefit from FuturePay. You also get a number of tweaks and fixes, updated Swedish translation courtesy of Peter Hjalmarsson, updated .pot files, and the addition of a setting for default payment gateway on the checkout.
This week we have a nice selection of plugin updates for you, but we also have two themes being updated this week!
Gateway now also works for newly created customer accounts during the checkout.
All select lists displayed from the beginning, removed unused jigoshop_filitering_current_url() function and fixed incorrect redirecting.
Fixed bug with table names.
Fixed: Product qantity discount when applied to all products.
Now uses the Jigoshop frontend.css & category and tag taxonomy lists now show the correct heading.
Take just a few minutes to help improve Jigoshop by taking our survey, and you’ll automatically be entered into a draw to win a new Apple iPad Mini.
All information collected in the survey will be aggregated and used anonymously, and will help us to make sure Jigoshop evolves in the right way in the future.
The survey is for both Jigoshop users who are running their own stores on our eCommerce platform, and for developers and agencies who create great Jigoshop sites for clients to operate.
And it shouldn’t take you more than a handful of minutes to contribute your answers. If you’ve never left feedback about Jigoshop on this blog, the forums, or via social media, it’s your chance to help shape our software so it serves you better in the future.
To show how much we value all the feedback and responses we receive, there’s an Apple iPad Mini to be won by one randomly selected survey entry. The closing date for the prize draw to win the iPad Mini is 11.59pm on Wednesday, June 12th, so click here to take the survey.
- You must be over 18 years of age to enter this competition.
- Employees of Jigowatt Ltd or Jigoshop Ltd, and any company associated to the specific competition and their families are not eligible to enter the competition.
- Only one entry per person is permitted, unless otherwise stated.
- Proof of making phone call, sending post/e-mail is not proof of our receipt of your entry. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost, delayed or damaged.
- The closing date is 11.59pm BST on June 12th, 2013
- Winners will be formally notified (by email or post) within 21 days of the closing date. Full details of the prize will be given in writing upon notification. Where we notify a winner by email, we will ask for confirmation of receipt by reply email.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize may not be transferred to any other person.
- No cash alternative or alternative prize is available on entrants’ request but in the event of the advertised competition prize being unavailable we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Jigoshop Ltd will not be liable for any damage, loss or disappointment suffered by any person taking part or not being able to take part in a competition.
- No responsibility is accepted for inaccurate prize details supplied by sponsors.
- We reserve the right to amend these rules at any time. Entry in the competition implies acceptance of these rules.
- We will keep your personal details for a reasonable time so that we can send you any prize that you have won, to verify that these rules have been complied with, and for accounting purposes
- These rules are governed by English law.
- The promoter of the competition is: Jigowatt Ltd, East Wing, Greenhill House, Thorpe Road, Peterborough, PE3 6RU.